The Church Historical Society was founded in 1910. In 1975, it changed its name to the Historical Society of the Episcopal Church. From its founding, publications have played an important part in promoting preservation. Separate from its quarterly journal, Over fifty brochures, charts, pamphlets and bound books were produced covering histories of dioceses, congregations, provinces, bishops, clergy and lay leaders and ranging from topics of historical theology to justification for studying church history to studies of trends to the prayer book. Based on comments often reported in the Society minutes, these publications were well received and considered important contributions to sound scholarship.
Many of these publications are no longer in print, so the Historical Society is providing digital copies or links to these documents as part of its digital assets program.
Historical Society of the Episcopal Church
Dedicated to preserving and disseminating information about the history of the Episcopal Church and its antecedents.